Projects: Call For Conference Proposals
This could be of interest to people willing to organise a PI &... kind of conference.
Metaphysics, Philosophy of Science or Philosophy of Language
Proposals are sought from UK philosophy departments to organise a one or two day philosophy conference on a topic in one of the following areas of philosophy:
- Philosophy of Science
- Philosophy of Language
The conference will be financially supported by the Institute, who will also provide the venue.
Proposals – of no more that three pages – should contain:
- a clear rationale for the theme or topic chosen;
- a list of possible speakers;
- a draft budget, including likely accommodation needs;
- an indication of whether any other sources of funding will be sought;
- preferred date or date range
The Institute will work in partnership with the lead conference organiser of the successful bid to help facilitate, advertise and run the event. Funding will be provided to cover expenditure on the following items:
- speaker travel for second class rail or economy air fare (US fares not included);
- refreshments on the day and lunch for the speakers;
- overnight accommodation for speakers where necessary;
- a conference dinner for speakers and chairs.
Proposals should be sent to email@example.com by Thurs 7 March 2013 stating "Annual Conference Call 2013-14" in the subject of the email. These will be assessed by the Management Committee and a decision will be announced by May 2013.
The level of funding for the successful bid will be set by the Institute of Philosophy following consultations between the conference organiser, the Director of the Institute and the Management Committee.
Also available here: http://philosophy.sas.ac.uk/d/f/IP_AnnualConference_Call_1314.pdf